Translate

2009/02/25

Early 17th century underwear

Slowly I collect my new set of early 17th century clothes for the upper middle class women from Prussia. I have two linen shirts with little ruffles on neck and wristbands, made from fine of-white linnen cloth. Yesterday I started to work on drawers (women underpants). It's perfect for winter time.
My inspiration was an example from Metropolitan Museum of Art, dated c. 1600:

The pattern and all necessary information which I needed for reconstruction I found in "Patterns of fashion 4" by Janet Arnold. I used this pattern but I decided not to decorate the drawers :





Orginally this drawers had two worked eyelet holes and string to tie the waistband but I made button (wooden base worked in heavy linen white threads) and buttonhole fastening on the waistband:


Brak komentarzy: