A pair of bodies

I finished another part of my new 17th century outfit-a corset or pair of bodies based on a survived example worn by Pfaltzgrafin Dorothea Sabine von Neuberg.
I used ivory satin for cover, strong linen for two layers of interlining and fine white linen for lining. All stitching are in linen (originally the rows of stitching formed the casting were in silk). The stiffening is made from a bunches of bents (9-11 reeds per casting).
The raw edges on the waist, armholes and neckline are bound with a strip of bias-cut satin instead of heavy silk ribbon. The lacing is at the center back (so unfortunatelly I need a helping hands to wear it) and the eyelet holes are worked over brass rings for reinforcement.
First time I used bunches of reeds for stifftening (usually I worked with plastic boning or cords) so I worried about durability and flexibility of construction but finnished corset works great.

My new "pair of bodies" with drawers.

Brak komentarzy: